You are here:
Blogging and Money Tips
/ Breaking the 2 Year Blogging Curse, pt 1.
January 21, 2012 by ifresh
Filed under Blogging and Money Tips
Yesterday, I introduced the 2 Year Blogging Curse. Today let’s look at some ways to break what seems to afflict so many new and established bloggers.
Who says you have to blog every day? If 365 fresh posts sounds scary know that you can make whatever posting schedule you like. Here are some other schedules to consider:
- Blog M-F for a workable 261 posts.
- Blog every other day for a comfortable 182 posts.
- Blog M-W-F for a stress-free 156 posts.
- Blog Tu & Th for an easy 104 posts.
- Blog Weekly for a painless 52 posts.
- Blog Monthly for an effortless 12 posts.
What’s the magical word count to get the mighty Google search engine to notice you? I’ve no idea. I have heard anywhere from 500 words to as little as 250 words. It seems more myth than truth to me.
So if you’re used to writing long in-depth articles why not scale back and pull a Seth Godin? His blog posts are notable for being short, concise, and thought provoking. You can do the same.
365 posts at 500 words a post is 182,500 words in a year, but 365 posts at 80 words a post is a manageable 29,200 words.
Get a New Angle.
If the current way you’re blogging bores you, it probably bores your readers, but quitting isn’t the answer. Just think about it. Quitting an old blog and starting a new, negates all your previous efforts. Who wants to lose 182,500 or more words on a subject? I wouldn’t. That would be so depressing. Instead of chugging away at the same old same old, come at your topic from a different angle.
Tomorrow I’ll go over three more ideas to help you break the 2 Year Blogging Curse.
Keira hails from Love Romance Passion, a site known for it’s romance novel reviews. She’s a longtime romance reader, a Kindle 2 owner, and a junkie for USA TV shows. She loves marriage of convenience plots and angst ridden breakups that ultimately end up in gooey happily ever afters. You can also find her on Twitter.
Photo Credits: Magda Sobkowiak
Originally posted 2010-09-22 03:27:02. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
- 5 Tips for Popular Blog Posts The internet may be a fast paced environment, but there are some blog strategies that remain the name even when it becomes harder and harder for average bloggers to keep up. Here is a reminder of some of the tips that don’t change when it comes to blogging. When posting,……
- Types of Popular Blog Posts If you own and write in a blog, then you probably understand the importance associated with keeping your blog really fresh and ensuring that your blog audience is completely interested in what it is that you have to say. It can be relatively challenging for people to come up with……
- Top 10 Tips for Writing a Blog Most of the rules and tips that are associated with writing for eZines and newsletters also apply to writing blog entries, though there are some truly important differences as well. If you keep these top ten tips for writing a blog entry in mind, you will be creating excellent blog……
- Keeping It Fresh If you want to keep readers coming back to your website, you should produce fresh blog posts to keep their interest. Look to the biggest sites, what they all have in common is that they constantly produce content that is new and fresh. This is also what the webmasters of……
- Do You Need More Blog Readers? Do you feel as if your blog could use more blog readers? You are certainly not alone, as most blog authors are constantly looking for an increase in more blog readers, though not everyone is sure quite how to attract the readership levels that they are looking for. If you……
- Blog Writing Tips Blogs are a great way for anyone to get their ideas across to others and a great way for businesses to do some free advertising. Creating a great blog is an excellent way to drive more traffic to your site. When building your site there certain tips a person should……
- The Golf Club at Terra Lago, Indio, CA The Golf Club at Terra Lago is located in: Indio, CA Phone: 760-775-2000 Website: http://golfclub-terralago.com About the Course: This is easily one of the most visually stunning courses we have ever seen, and if you love a challenge, this is the course, actually two courses, for you. The club is……
- New Loan Funded — Financial Freedom / Credit Card Consolidation — $25,000 at 11.44% — AA Credit — DTI 37% A new loan funded (Financial Freedom / Credit Card ConsolidationÂ â $25,000 at 11.44%).Â I participated via my standing orderÂ RL Overlooked.Â The borrower hadÂ AA credit, a 37% DTI.Â As a reminder my standing orders (and manual bids)Â only find loans with 0 current delinquencies, 10 or less delinquencies in the last 7……
- Blogging Goals: What You’ll See Here in 2009 Thanks to Green Panda Treehouse for pointing me to Visionary Blogging’s 7 Strategic Blog Improvement Questions. That article serves as an outline for my blogging goals for 2009. What will I accomplish with my blog in 2009? How will I make my blog more valuable in 2009? There are a……
- How To Write a Better Blog Posts Writing a blog post can be easy for one and most difficult for others. Professional writers enjoy blog writing. However, many may never want to learn how to write. Writing a blog post can be a lot of fun. If you are interested in blogging, but you may be unsure……