A favorite childhood memory for many people was winning a spirited game of Candy Land. 2009 marks the 60th anniversary of this beloved Hasbro classic. The board game is still loved by all and is going to be a hot holiday gift once again.
This classic board game takes no skill to play and is loved by people of all ages. Players take turns choosing color-coded cards to determine where they will move on the game board. Some cards have pictures on them, meaning the player must move to the corresponding place on the Candy Land gameboard.
The reason as to why young children love to play the game of candy land is that it does not require any reading. The only skill that any individual needs to play the game of candy land is to be able to match colors and images. With no reading required, it puts players of all ages on equal footing, making it fun for all. Young children to not need to worry about losing to their siblings or to their parents.
While many adults may have grown up with only one version of Candyland Board Game, that’s no longer the case. Other forms of the Candy Land board game include Candy Land Castle Game, Sweet Celebration Game and the travel-sized Fun on the Run. Individuals that enjoy Disneý and Nickelodean will love playing the Doora the Explorer and Winnie the Pooh versions of the game.
In our fast-paced world of transient delights, it is reassuring to know that games like Candy Land can endure through time. The cover of the Candy Land box explains that it is a sweet little game for sweet little folks, but the game is still fun for those that are young at heart. For this reason, giving candy land as a gift always creates a smile.
May 31 2010
Find out more about lap band! There is not a single person trying to lose weight who hasn’t tried a diet. Think of all the diets out there; it seems like there are a million diets. Why is that? Well in the long run, none of them work. All of the different diet plans make grand promises and show off their individual success stories, and then they have that small disclaimer that reads “results may vary.”
The vast majority of diets have never been studied scientifically and you can’t get reliable reports on long term results. What none of the diet programs tell you is that when they are studied scientifically they generally show poor results. Let’s take a look at some dietary interventions that were studied carefully as reported in scientific medical journals. There have been recent reviews of diet programs in the The New England Journal of Medicine, widely recognized as the most influential scientific medical journal in the United States, and in the Journal of the American Medical Association, another widely respected medical journal.
One study, published in 2008 in the New England Journal of Medicine showed that subjects trying three different dietary regimens lost on average between 7 – 12 lbs in 2 years! This is a very modest weight loss.
Another study published in JAMA in 2007 compared the Atkins diet, the Zone diet and two other diets. After one year the average weight loss for each person was 10 pounds for the Atkins diet and 3.5 pounds for the Zone diet. For one whole year! Now you know more about
lap band procedure!
May 23 2010
Many considers the Apple iPad as the eagerly awaited Apple tablet computerthis year. It is seen as the bridge between a smartphone and a netbook, really. Your primary response if you are an Apple product fan is – ‘you got it I want the iPad instantly’. Before you do this and avoid regrets later on, it is probably good to start weighing the good points and bad points of the machine, give it rather more contemplation before you purchase one. That is not to suggest that you won’t buy the iPad eventually, but you just want to be sure. There are a great number of variables both in favor of and against the Apple iPad device and here are some important points ponder over, in no particular rank :
Apple iPad Advantages:
– The Apple iPad device is a marvel of creativity, graceful and not very heavy and straightforward to carry. It looks great.
– It has the same great touchscreen capabilities of the famous iPhone and iPod Touch device and appears to be an excellent gadget to use.
– The Apple products ipad device is brilliant for watching videos, television shows and podcasts and playing video games together with browsing the web.
– The Apple iPad is an amazing way to remain on the web when on the go, simple to line up and very speedy, and the diversity of drive sizes means there is one for everybody.
– The Apple iPad is fantastic for travelling and being on the web when relaxing thanks to the glorious UI and the marvellous display.
– It offers a fantastic new e-reader experience for publications, mags and web sites to be read upon.
Apple iPad Cons:
– It does not run flash, which will reduce the quantity of service it is for browsing.
– It runs the telephone OS instead of a complete OS, which constraints what you can do with the device.
– It offers no technique of defending the display aside from a pouch/cover that is separate to the device itself.
– True, but you can say the same thing regarding the iPod Touch, the iPhone, the Kindle in addition to the Sony e-reader, all of which are cheaper by a very long way.
– While it’s speedy, there are no USB ports along with there is no method of increasing the capacity. Plus, the larger capacities are incredibly
– It does not seem to be all that great for doing any work on, which is what many of us would need out of it if taking it while travelling.
Now, notwithstanding the iPad few negative aspects, you may continue to dream for one as they give the impression of much convenient and portable for normal browsing and amusement. The absence of capabilities for using the iPad as a work machine is the issue that is turning some folks off the device now, but just like plenty of other people, many are also intrigued by this rather brilliant contemporary contraption. We will see.
May 21 2010
Welcome to DIY Blogging. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
May 21 2010 | Uncategorized | 1 Comment »