Why does an auto accident lawyer in California say that night driving is indeed unsafe? Traffic fatality rates are three times higher in the evening compared to during the day, according to the National Safety Council. Yet most of us are not aware of night driving’s special perils or do not know efficient ways to handle them.
There are numerous aspects which increase the hazard of an accident in the evening. Listed below are just a few of them:
* Poor visibility: Visibility is undoubtedly much more limited during night driving. We end up totally reliant on artificial sources of light to guide us. Front lights allow us to view a small portion of the path ahead, but our peripheral vision isn’t as distinct. Darkness also makes it more difficult to calculate distances as well as movement.
* Exhaustion: Exhaustion dulls the focus of drivers and slows their reaction time. Drivers are very least likely to be alert between 3:00 AM and 7:00 AM. Exhaustion is likewise more likely to set in at a motorist’s typical bedtime.
* Alcoholic beverages: Inspite of intense anti-drinking as well as driving programs, alcohol remains a serious factor in night time crashes. More fatal accidents occur on weekend nights than at any other time of the week.
It’s an all too prevalent belief that yellow tinted or yellow polarized night driving spectacles are good for evening driving. The thought is, the yellow or amber color lessens glare and increases contrast. Nevertheless, the truth is, when driving at night or sunset in already limited lighting conditions, any shade further reduces the volume of light transmitted to the eye, and thus, further impairs vision. The problem is compounded as the yellow color gives the wearer the impression they are seeing very well, when in reality the reverse is actually true.
Ready your vehicle for night driving. Clean front lights, tail lights, signal lights and windows at least once a week. You must also have an auto mechanic check your headlight aim every six months. Below are a couple of helpful suggestions when you really have to drive at night:
* Don’t drink and drive! Drunk driving is actually a major reason behind crashes – which includes night driving incidents.
* Avoid smoking cigarettes when driving at night. Night vision could be worsened by the effects of nicotine as well as carbon monoxide.
* Turn your front lights on at dusk. Lights will not help night vision during the early twilight, but they will make it easier for other motorists to notice you.
* Reduce your speed while driving at night and increase your following distances. Keep in mind to never overdrive your headlights. You should be able to stop inside the lighted area.
Any auto accident lawyer in California will agree that most motorists are not aware of the dramatic difference that darkness can make in their capability to cope with many situations. It significantly impacts the way we see our surroundings, can increase feelings of weariness, and likewise makes us more susceptible to roadway hazards. Following the preceding tips ought to make driving at night safer for you as well as fellow drivers.
Hiring an Auto Accident Lawyer is important if you have been critically injured in an auto accident in California. You need to hire a trusted Auto Accident Lawyer In California who has the knowledge, experience and resources necessary to acquire the best possible result.